For a Fire Door to be compliant, NFPA 80-2007 Edition, paragraph 188.8.131.52 states that as a minimum, the following items shall be verified:
- No pen holes or breaks exist in surfaces of either the door or the frame.
- Glazing, vision light frames and glazing beads are intact and securely fastened.
- The door, frame, hinges, hardware and noncombustible threshold are secured, aligned and in working order.
- No parts are missing or broken.
- Door clearances at the door edge to the frame, at the pull side of the door, do not exceed the clearances list in 4.8.4 and 6.3.1 Bottom Maximum ¾” (19mm), 3/8” (9.5mm) for 38” above floor/ Wood Top&Sides Max 1/8” (3.18mm)/ Steel Top&Sides&ME Pairs 1/16”-3/16” (1.59-4.76mm)
- The self-closing device is operational, that is, the active door completely closes when operated from the full open position.
- If a coordinator is installed, the inactive leaf closes before the active leaf.
- Latching hardware operates and secures the door when it is in the closed position.
- Auxiliary hardware items that interfere or prohibit operation are not installed on the door
- No field modifications to the door assembly have been performed that void the label.
- Gasketing and edge seals, where required are inspected to verify their presence and